Conveying the message links and resources
Here are some ressources and links to the content and techniques we shared during training.
Press officers in Member States
Sources of data about the European Union
- What Europe does for me, a fantastic ressource with 1400 cards about the actions of the EU in the regions, as well as topical dossiers with target audiences and sectors
- Politico, a political Blog about the EU
European Parliament Research Service
- EPRS Youtube channel
- Think tank of the European Parliament
- and its blog
- How is the EU budget spent?
Other EU sources
- DG Regio
- Committee of the Region
- Photos, videos and reports about the European Parliament
- Status of the legislative process in the EU
- EU Country profiles
- EU Data portal
- European Parliamentary Research Service
- The European University Institute
- Survey about Europeans' opinion in the regions, by the European Commission. Main page here
- Press room of the European Parliament
- EU protects
Platforms and websites to get inspiration from
Here are some links to the platforms Thilo talked about to find new container formats. Don't forget that inspiration doesn't come on it's own. It's OK and encouraged to get ideas from elsewhere.
- Tubularlabs to find popular YouTube channels
- Crowdtangle a Facebook owned platform to monitor content and get alerts about interesting content
- Take extra care when choosing your title and use tools to see what words are actually searched for on google
Inspiring formats seen in training, and some more
Here are formats in their original language. You can often use Youtube's built-in automatic subtitles to follow but the most interesting is to get a general idea of what the format is about and to see the way it was is designed to reach it's audience.
- All Funk formats
- Draw my news, a series of explainers in drawing or motion design
- Deutschland 3000, a series about politics for young adults on Youtube and mainly facebook
- Brut, a short, efficient ways to alert the public about news without feeling the need to be exhaustive. On all platforms, sub-divided by genre and in six countries across the world
- Stortvildet, a video series designed to talk politics before the parlimentiary elections in Norway (I know, it's not in the EU but it's still a very good format 😎)
- Strikethrough, a Vox format about the way the American media is dealing with politics in the age of Trump.
- Episode of choice: Why every social media site is a dumpster fire
- Vaalikone The "Voting Machine", as literally translated from Finnish or "Election compass" as the brand used in English. It's a "match your ideas with a politician" game. (available in English, Finnish and Swedish). Currently online for the upcoming presidential election. Still in it's early phase for this election.
- A few dozen examples of containers, don't forget to look at them in abstract and think about what "recipie" you can reuse.
- The URL to check for facebook analytics : https://www.facebook.com/ads/audience-insights
The "Design a New Format" cheat sheet
Mind mapping tools
Here’s a blog post from Brett Terpstra that you might find interesting if you want to think creatively.